Friday, May 30, 2008

Campaign for a Sweeter America

Politics and baking...these are a few of my favorite things!
Pillsbury is currently promoting their new line of reduced sugar mixes and frostings (possibly the only time boxed atrocities shall be mentioned here). I check gothamist.com everyday and saw that the Pillsbury Doughboy would be passing out cake 4 blocks from my office. Of course I had to go!!! I dragged a co-worker with me and we took pictures and got pens and buttons! Because they are using a campaign theme, Doughboy had "Secret Service" protection as well...very cute.
Also, there is a picture of the croissants I made last weekend-learning to make puff pastry was one of my goals during this week free from school (the other you'll see in my next post). I ran low on chocolate, so I made some with strawberry jam and some with brown sugar & cinnamon filling. They did get a bit overdone, so they're darker than what I would have liked, but they still tasted really good!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: