Wednesday, June 4, 2008

When life gives you lemons...

...make a really great French lemon cream tart!
But if you're impatient, just go with the lemonade. This is another recipe I wanted to try during my week off, which sadly ended on Monday...trust me, I'd much rather bake than study contract law. It's a tart filled with lemon cream; this cream is the creation of Parisian pâtissier Pierre Hermé (next goal: visiting his pastry shop in Paris!). I get really frustrated when something goes wrong in the kitchen so I wasn't sure how my patience would hold up in making this delicate treat! I made the tart shell in my new food processor, but probably wouldn't do so again unless absolutely necessary-I'm used to making crusts by hand and like being able to feel the consistency to know it's done. The cream required close monitoring, but it really wasn't hard to make. It's very tart, no sugary American cream here! It came out very well, if I do say so myself (and I do)!
I made this and the lemon meringue puffs that I've made before, for a friend's engagement party last weekend...here are the pictures:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lemon Tart Being Enjoyed:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sometimes I Have to Use a Little Force:
Photobucket

No comments: