Sunday, May 4, 2008

Off to the Races!

Photobucket

I put before you a very profound question: which is more important to a good Kentucky Derby party-huge, fantastic hats or delicious Southern sweets? I'm tempted to say hats, because of these two lovely gentlemen whose acquaintance I had the pleasure of making last Saturday:

Photobucket

For obvious reasons though, I must say that sugary goodness is of at least equal value. I made lavender meringue puffs with white chocolate chips, pecan tarts and fried apple dumplings (basically just took an apple pie recipe, made smaller portions, then deep-fried them). I don't have pictures of those because they just look like boring lumps of dough-looks are so deceiving! Below you can see the tarts and meringues (they look like clouds!). You can also see me in my hat! I do have eyes, I swear...they're just hidden under that blue monstrosity!
Oh, and for the first time ever, I placed money on a horse at the OTB-Eight Belles. Note to self: you are bad luck to horses! RIP.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: