Thursday, June 12, 2008

Congratulations Ashley!!!

My little sister graduated from high school last weekend! She accomplished a lot in 4 years-became a great runner and basketball player, wrote wonderful poetry, wrecked my car and was salutatorian of her class-she's very well rounded! (I joke, but I'm really extremely proud of her-she's an amazing girl).
She'll be going to Ball State (alma mater of David Letterman and "Papa John") this fall and rooming with one of her childhood friends. Instead of using her HS colors/mascot as a theme, we used Ball State's (red, white, black). I made a lot of red velvet cupcakes and frosted them with white chocolate frosting. Someone else made vanilla cupcakes and I frosted them with raspberry buttercream-the idea was to have red frosting, but I couldn't get it red without tons of food coloring. So let's pretend BSU's colors are white and pink-Dave would be proud. :)
Here I am with the lovely graduate:
Photobucket

In progress:
Photobucket

Photobucket

My best friend, the doctor-she guarantees this tub of raspberry frosting is good for you!
Photobucket

I expect Caution Hill to rock a song about cupcakes the next time I see them (don't worry boys, you have awhile!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: