Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cupcakes, Bunnies and Eggs

This is the first update in so long! I've been really busy-between working full time and school, I feel like I hardly have time to breathe! I get really overwhelmed if I think of everything I have to do. One day at a time!
Ashley (sister) is visiting me and we've been having a lot of fun. Last night was game night and I made lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting. Ashley made icing and piped Easter decorations on them. I also made oatmeal cookie-Nutella fudge bars and then took samples of those and the cupcakes to the owner of my favorite bakery (George, of Martha's Country Bakery on Ditmars and 37th St in Astoria). He gave rave reviews ("best lemon cupcakes I've ever had") and I'm going to use the bakery kitchen to make some recipes in quantity and sell the treats to him! It was amazing to get such great feedback from someone who runs the kind of bakery that I aspire to have. When Ashley and I left, George gave us 6 delicious little fruit tarts which you can see in the pictures.
I also made cornbread with jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese mixed in. I didn't take any pictures but it was goooood!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

aelcock said...

Yes that was a fun weekend ( :
Shaya is an amazing baker, I am not just saying this because I am her sister, I am saying this because I have seen the expressions on everyones faces when they try her amazing creations. Not only do they taste good, they look awesome too!!!
-ashley-