Thursday, February 14, 2008

The cutest turkeys you ever did see

I've always loved baking with my mommy. One of my favorite treats to make were these adorable turkey cookies. They were an essential part of our Thanksgiving season!
They're really simple-you can use a sugar cookies recipe (even store bought dough if you so desire!). Make sure you have candy corn, mini Reese's cups, chocolate chips, red licorice rope (the kind you pull off in strands), and chocolate frosting (this is a rare time I use store bought frosting-it's not worth making a whole batch because you use such a small amount). As soon as each sheet of cookies comes out of the oven, press 5 candy corns around one half as you see here. Don't burn your fingers! Umm, I did.
Once the cookies are cool, put a little chocolate frosting on the smaller side of a Reese's cup and stick it to the middle of the cookies. Use a smaller dab of frosting to stick a chocolate chip to the Reese's cup (in the position you see below)and a small piece of licorice rope below that.
Finally, enjoy all the compliments on how cute your cookies are!

1 comment:

Fooditka said...

Your treats look amazing. Can I order some? Do you sell them?